Joined: 11 Apr 2005
|Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 am Post subject: OpenSceneGraph-2.8.2 released
Updates between 2.8.2 and 2.8.1 releases include: ¶
* Build fixes for:
o RedHat Enterprise Linux
o Building of dicom plugin with ITK under Linux.
* Crash fixes to:
o crash during window destruction under Windows when using closing a MFC based GraphicsWindow
o deadlock under Windows due threading issues with atomic operations in Win32 Barrier implementation
o OpenFlight plugin not handling spaces at the end of option strings
* Bug fixes to :
o computation of sector range in osgSim::LightPoint
o extension checking of FBO packed stencil support
o position of tabs at corners of manipulators
o threading bug in .osg plugin that occurred during multi-threaded initialization
o alignment of Text what setting alignment after assign text string
o loading of compressed texture arrays
o texture generate mipmap for non power of two textures
o regression in X11 key symbol remapping, improved support for Russian keyboards
o regression of StencilMask setting in RenderStage
o small memory leak in X11 usage
o Transform::computeBound() double BoundingSphere support
o Resize handling when master and slave Cameras share the same GraphicsContext
o Handling of locale in plugins and env var parsing so it always follows the '.' decimal place convention regardless of the desktop/application locale
Updates between 2.8.1 and 2.8.0 releases include: ¶
* Build fixes under !FreeBSD and IBM AIX, and RedHat Enterprise Linux
* Improved compatibility with SWIG wrapper building
* Crash fixes in osg::State, osg::Geometry and osgWidget
* Bug fixes to :
o draw instanced support
o Optimizer - MergeGeometryVisitor, RemoveLoadedProxyNodesVisitor and SpatializeGroupsVistor
o hdr image loader
o handling of opacity maps in 3ds loader
o dxf loader
o frame buffer object
o cursor/event handling in windows
o windows threading
o memory leak in Collada loader
o fixes to display lists/vbo creation that prevent crash under ATI drivers
o subface PolygonOffset setting in OpenFlight
o osgconv --formats under OSX
o osgTerrain::Layer bounding volume calculation
Updates between 2.8 and 2.6 include: ¶
* New osgVolume library for volume rendering, with support for:
o High quality GPU based Ray tracing
o Transfer functions
o Per pixel lighting
o Iso surface rendering
o Maximum Intensity Projection rendering
o Non-power-of-two 3D textures, and 3D texture compression
o DICOM loading for reading dicom medical data
* New osgAnimation library for character and scene animation.
* New plugin for reading Biovision hierarchical files (.BVH) to generate character motion animations.
* New osgShadow support for Light Space Perspective Shadow Maps (LispSM).
* Three new scene graph widgets for placing traditional 2D capability into fully interactive 3D scenes:
o PDF widget (based on libPoppler)
o VNC client widget (based on libVNCServer)
o Internet browser client widget (based on Gecko/UBrowser)
* New plugins for loading Half-Life 2 maps and models.
* New plugin for loading EXR, high dynamic range imagery
* Improvements to DatabasePager, tailored for low latency paging.
* Improved runtime stats collection and on screen reporting.
* Performance improvements through optimization of matrix operations.
* Support for the OpenGL "draw instanced" extension.
* Support for zlib compressed native .ive and .gz files
* Improvements to COLLADA support.
* Build reporting using CDash
* New packaging support using CPack
* A wide range of build and bug fixes